What Challenges are Threatening Your Independence
Every older adult faces a different set of challenges to maintaining their independence. Understanding what is impacting your life the most is the first step in developing a personalized plan to stay independent.
Call Us and Get Started Today
The Biggest Obstacles
- Loved ones start noticing that you are struggling with simple tasks of daily living.
- Loved ones recognize that you have lost weight due to difficulty cooking nutritious meals or shopping for fresh food.
- Loved ones have noticed that you appear less active, not as social and concerned about depression or other conditions.
- Every 11 seconds, an older adult is treated in the emergency room for a fall.
- Falls are the leading cause of injury-related death among older adults.
- Falls cause more than 95% of hip fractures in older adults.
Chronic Pain & Diseases
- 80% of older adults have at least one chronic disease and 68% have at least two.
- Heart disease, cancer, and chronic lower respiratory disease are the leading causes of death in people over the age of 65.
- 1 in 3 adults has high blood pressure, 647,000 people die every year from heart disease.
- 43% of seniors over the age of 60 report being lonely or excluded.
- Older adults with “frequent” social activity contact saw a 70% reduction in cognitive decline.
- Loneliness is a common source of distress, suffering, impaired quality of life and a predictor of functional decline.
Maintain Independence with Push Button Care Support
“The Push Button Care team responded to my mom’s concerns about a bad cough and difficult breathing. The doctors office told me to go to a random doctor at Urgent Care or have her wait 10 days for the soonest appointment. After talking with my Push Button Care wellness nurse, the doctors office had an emergency appointment available for me the next day. Mom had severe bronchitis and getting the attention she needed quickly kept her out of the hospital.”
San Jose, California